Where to Start
Where to Start
We understand arranging funeral and cremation services can be overwhelming but our family will help you through the process, ste-by-step, with care and compassion.
- Contact the Social Security Office Our family files the Statement of Death by Funeral Director for you. If death or survivor benefits are available, you can contact the local office at 800-772-1213. Information and forms are available online at the above link.
- Insurance Companies: Our family can assist you with obtaining and filing insurance forms. The process can be difficult so don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- A Will, property transfers or vehicle transfer
- Savings or Bank institutions, including safety deposit boxes and other investments
- Unions and work related organization (if retired)
- Fraternal organizations (Mason Lodges, Eastern Star, Knights of Columbus, VFW Posts, Etc.)
- The U.S. Postal Service
- The Church
- Veterans and Veterans’ Associations
- Our family will assist you in requesting a flag for burial purposes, a Presidential memorial certificate, burial allowances (if available), and applying for a veteran’s headstone or marker (if desired). Some services require a copy of the veteran’s discharge papers (DD-214). If these papers are lost, the staff can assist in requesting copies from the VA.
Lisa Marie Patrick, age 50, of Masontown, PA passed away Monday, October 18, 2021 with her family in her heart. She was born on March…
Doris R. Hostetler 92 of Hopwood, passed away peacefully October 13, 2021 at the Kings Personal Care Home. She was born August 7, 1929. She…
Gloria J. Dawson Sickles, age 89, of Uniontown, passed away Tuesday, October 12, 2021 in Uniontown Hospital. She was born in Connellsville, PA on November…